Owners of the HomePod and HomePod mini smart speakers have a new software update to install after version 14.2.1 was made available to the public. The update comes around a month after the release of iOS 14.2.
As always, Apple isn’t saying much about what this new update entails, but given the small increments in software version numbers, we aren’t expecting anything huge.
Apple does say that the new update brings “general performance and stability improvements,” so it’s possible there will be no new features as such.
The release of version 14.2 was the one that added new functionality in the form of the new Intercom feature that allows users to send and receive audio messages across multiple devices.
It’s likely that your HomePod and HomePod mini will automatically update their own software eventually, but you can try to force the update by heading into the Home app and tapping the Software Update button in the Home settings screen.
We’ll be taking the version 14l.2.1 software for a spin ourselves but do let us know in the comments below if you find something new. Or, just as importantly, if a particularly irritating bug has been fixed.
Now, if only Apple could make Siri do what we want first time, every time, we’d be happy.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.