Apple Pay Cash, Apple’s alternative to PayPal of sorts, which allows users to send and receive money among themselves using Apple Pay, appears to be rolling out in a host of new countries today.
After CEO Tim Cook said recently that Apple Pay would be coming to Brazil this year, some users are reporting that the feature is now available alongside Apple Pay Cash, with rumblings of Apple Pay Cash happening in the UK, Ireland, and Spain as well.
The feature, which allows the sending of money via the stock Messages app, lets users send money by using any of their Apple Pay-registered cards. Transactions are free for payments sent via debit card, although payments that use a credit card will be subject to a 3% fee in order to cover the charges associated with such transactions.
While Apple Pay Cash debuted in the United States alone last year, the arrival of the feature in other countries marks the first time that it has broken free of America’s borders. One question does still remain, however, with users left to wonder whether or not payments will work country-to-country. While the expectation is that such transactions will indeed complete, it’s unclear whether there will be any additional fees involved for either the sending or receiving party in such cases.
Apple Pay Cash first launched under the rollout of iOS 11.2 for non-beta users back in December and it has taken three months for the feature to launch internationally.
We do not yet have timescales for when users in other countries can expect to also join the bandwagon, but we expect Apple to want to roll it out sooner rather than later – if only to collect all those 3% transaction fees.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone X Vs Galaxy S9: Here’s What Samsung’s 2018 Flagship Looks Like Compared To Apple’s 2017
- iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak Update: SEP And Baseband Compatible For An iOS 11.1.2 Restore And Jailbreak
- iOS 11.3 Beta 4 Download Release Date Expectation For iPhone And iPad
- Download GApps 8.1 ARM64 APK for OnePlus, Pixel, Nexus Devices And More
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]