Siri has its problems but Apple is working to make sure that the way it speaks about health problems isn’t one of them. According to new documentation acquired by The Guardian, Apple is working on an iOS 15 feature that will allow users to have a conversation with Siri about their particular health issues.
While the report doesn’t get into specifics about the feature, it’s expected that Siri will become more capable in terms of answering questions related to health problems.
Apple has been morphing into a health company in many ways ever since the arrival of the Apple Watch, and CEO Tim Cook has spoken repeatedly about the company’s belief that health could be its biggest “contribution to mankind.” With features like heart rate monitoring and ECG functionality, the Apple Watch has been proven to save lives. If Siri can offer help in physical and mental health situations, that is clearly something that would be beneficial.
It’s also a prime example of something that needs to be nailed down before it goes live, perhaps explaining why it isn’t expected to arrive until fall 2021. If there is one area where Siri needs to be on top of its game, it’s when telling people how to deal with health problems. The internal Apple documentation also points out that the company is keen to make sure Siri responds naturally when discussing potentially controversial subjects.
In explaining why the service should deflect questions about feminism, Apple’s guidelines explain that “Siri should be guarded when dealing with potentially controversial content.” When questions are directed at Siri, “they can be deflected … however, care must be taken here to be neutral”.
For those feminism-related questions where Siri does not reply with deflections about “treating humans equally”, the document suggests the best outcome should be neutrally presenting the “feminism” entry in Siri’s “knowledge graph”, which pulls information from Wikipedia and the iPhone’s dictionary.
Apple has time to get all of these things right, but given the often glacial pace at which Siri has improved in recent years, is 2021 too ambitious?
(Source: The Guardians)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.