Apple has launched a new display replacement program for iPhone 11 with the company saying that a “small percentage” of iPhone 11 displays likely to need replacing due to an issue preventing them from registering touches.
The program covers iPhone 11 models manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020, with Apple also offering a webpage with a serial number checker so users can easily identify if their iPhone is impacted.
Anyone who already paid to have a defective unit repaired can now also get a refund for the work. Although quite how easily that refund will be given remains to be seen.
Apple has determined that a small percentage of iPhone 11 displays may stop responding to touch due to an issue with the display module. Affected devices were manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020.
You have a couple of different options if your iPhone is affected. You can make an appointment to visit an Apple retail store, find an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple for a mail-in repair.
If your iPhone 11 has any display damage currently, that will need to be fixed before Apple can do its warranty work, however.
This new program will cover iPhone 11 devices for two years after the first retail sale of the unit. If your device is starting to show issues similar to this we’d suggest getting it repaired sooner rather than later, though.
Head here to get started!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.