We’re still in the midst of iPhone hysteria, especially today where pre-orders for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Plus went live for the first time.
As the excitement relating to that starts to die down were left to reflect on what people have ordered, and while the iPhone XR hasn’t yet gone up for pre-order, there is one interesting tidbit relating to it that many people will have missed; Apple claims its cheapest, new iPhone has the best battery life yet.
When Apple announced the new iPhones the big focus for the iPhone XR, beyond the ridiculous name, was the fact that it will be available in a fact of different colors. That’s great, but what some people continue to clamor for is improved battery life and with the iPhone XR, they can have it.
According to Apple, iPhone XR users can expect up to an extra 90 minutes of battery live when compared to the iPhone 8 Plus, the device it’s arguably replacing in the lineup.
Based on what Apple’s specifications pages say, iPhone XR owners will be able to expect talk time numbers of up to 25 hours, Internet use up to 15 hours, video playback (over WiFi) of up to 16 hours, and audio playback (again, WiFi) of up to 65 hours.
Compare these numbers to the original iPhone’s “8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback” and the last ten years have been kind to us.
The iPhone XR may not be the flagship device in Apple’s 2018 lineup, but it’s clear that it should not be ignored. Not that anyone could ignore those colors.
You may also like to check out:
- The iPhone XS Max Giveaway: Enter To Win Apple’s 2018 Flagship For Free
- iPhone XS / XS Max Power Bank: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- iPhone XS / XS Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone XS, XS Max Case? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone XS Max USB-C PD Fast Charger For Power Delivery: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iPhone Xs Max Vs Xr Vs Galaxy Note 9 [Size Comparison]
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.