Another award for Apple today, with the company again topping the Fortune list for the World’s Most Admired Companies for the eleventh consecutive year. Just let that sink in for a minute – eleven years!
Apple finds itself at the head of the list, just ahead of Amazon which again finds itself in second place – a second consecutive year for the retailer.
Google’s parent company, Alphabet, and Warren Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway making up the remainder of the top five spots alongside Starbucks. The rankings are determined by polling around 3,900 executives, analysts and directors who then select ten companies that they admire the most across a range of categories. Apple came out top in every one of those categories.
As we have in the past, Fortune collaborated with our partner Korn Ferry on this survey of corporate reputations. We began with a universe of about 1,500 candidates: the 1,000 largest U.S. companies ranked by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in Fortune’s Global 500 database that have revenues of $10 billion or more. We then winnowed the assortment to the highest-revenue companies in each industry, a total of 680 in 29 countries. The top-rated companies were picked from that pool of 680; the executives who voted work at the companies in that group.
The full list comprises of 50 companies in total, with other notable placings being Facebook in 12th, Microsoft at position number seven and GE’s huge fall from 7th to 30th place. Clearly those polled are no fans of the car maker this year!
While Apple beating out other technology companies is no mean feat, the fact that it continues to be the most admired company across every industry is something else entirely.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Update: What Happens After Apple Makes Software Update With chaiOS Patch Public?
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 7 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- How To Make iPhone X Battery Percentage Display On Home Screen At All Times
- How To Speed Up Amazon Fire TV Stick [Tips Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]