It has been three years coming but we can finally say goodbye to Adobe Flash. In addition to officially ending support for Flash, Adobe is also recommended that everyone removes it entirely from their machines.
Adobe ended support for Flash on New Years Day, January 1 2020, but also has plans to block all Flash content from actually working with the Adobe Flash Player in less than two weeks. According to Adobe, uninstalling Flash Player is extremely important as no additional security patches will be applied:
Uninstalling Flash Player will help secure your system since Adobe does not intend to issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the EOL Date.
If you are needing a little assistance in removing the Flash Player from your Mac, the steps below will show you how to deauthorize it and then remove it entirely from your machine:
If you have Flash Player installed to your Mac, then it will show up under the System Preferences app and can therefore be deauthorized.
- Launch the System Preferences app on your Mac. You can do this via /Applications or by using a search function like Spotlight.
- Select Flash Player from the System Preferences and then select Advanced.
- You will see an option titled “Deauthorize This Computer…”. Select it to perform the action.
Remove Adobe Flash
- Open up your /Applications folder and select the Utilities folder.
- Locate and open up the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager entry and then select the Uninstall option.
- This is pretty much all that you need to do. The built-in wizard will remove the Adobe Flash Player entirely from your machine and will let you know when it is complete.
In addition to getting a notification informing that Flash has been uninstalled, the Safari web browser will also launch and show a dedicated thank you message informing that Adobe is proud to have played a role in evolving content across the web.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.