Well well.. it was only a few days ago when MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team confirmed that Comex will try and jailbreak iOS 4.1 using another userland exploit, if not then we will have to wait for a low-level bootrom exploit which may take longer to release. And now, while replying to a Twitter user, Comex has confirmed that the next iOS 4.x jailbreak may not come from him.
Ariif asked comex on Twitter:
@comex will definately donate when u come up with next jb,even if it take’s weeks to get it done, my 3gs runs on jb while i4 waiting for it
@ariif next jb might not come from me
So there you go! Of course this doesn’t mean that Comex is leaving the jailbreak scene like Geohot, it is just that the next jailbreak “might” not come from him. But there is something about his tweet (notice the smiley at the end) which makes me believe that he may not be all that serious about what he just said.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)