Apple is yet to announce its Tile-like AirTags trackers, but we know that they’re just around the corner. Apple is also allowing third-parties to tie into the Find My app for the first time as iOS 14.3, with manufacturers like Belkin only now starting to take advantage of that.
But it turns out that you can already access the interface used for adding and tracking these devices, including AirTags.
As multiple people pointed out on Twitter today, typing findmy://items into Safari will launch the Find My app and open a hidden “Items” tab. This is where a familiar interface lives, but it’s only familiar because we’ve seen it leaked by 9to5Mac in the past. Now, we can all access it so long as we have iOS 14.3 or later installed.
Leaker Jon Prosser has said previously that AirTags are complete and ready to ship, with Apple presumably waiting for the perfect time to launch its tracking pucks. It’s clear that iOS is now ready for them, as is macOS Big Sur – the same trick works there, too.
Apple’s AirTags will allow people to find anything from keys to a coat or bag – or anything else – with high precision thanks to the U1 chips used in them. While Apple hasn’t said anything bout AirTags publicly, they’ve been rumored for more than a year with leaks popping up left and right.
Typing findmy://items into Safari will take you to this hidden UI in Find My! pic.twitter.com/CakKBGEuNh
— David Chu (@davidvanchu) January 13, 2021
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.