Pwn20wnd and the rest of his team have pushed out an incremental unc0ver update taking the jailbreak utility to version 3.0.1. The release has been announced via Twitter and contains a number of important bug fixes.
The lead developer and leader of the unc0ver project took to Twitter to announce the release.
unc0ver v3.0.1 is now out with an importat stability fix, iOS 12.1.3-12.2 support for the restart button and more!
The previous version of the unc0ver jailbreak tool has been in development for a number of months and has cycled through a monumental amount of iterations during that time. With this release, the team has moved beyond version 3.0.0 and officially released version 3.0.1 into the wild.
According to the official GitHub repository information, version 3.0.1 has been released into the community with the following changes:
– Iterate the proc list with proper data locks in Unrestrict to fix a possible race condition in the kernel (Important stability fix)
– Fix a typo in the app
– Fix a bug in logging
– Add iOS 12.1.3 – 12.2 support for the restart button
For most iPhone and iPad owners looking to jailbreak their devices, the most important part of this release is the fact that it includes an extremely important stability fix to resolve a “possible race condition in the kernel.” For those who are trusting unc0ver with the safety and integrity of their expensive devices, this is something that will immediately resonate with them and give them more confidence about the overall stability of the tool.
Interestingly, it’s also important to note that this has not been released as a beta but has actually been pushed out into the public domain as an official ‘public ready’ 3.0.1 release. With version 3.0.1, users will be able to jailbreak all pre-A12(X) devices running iOS 11.0 through to iOS 12.1.2 with improved stability and confidence. A12(X) devices are currently only partially supported and will gain access to root but will not benefit from a full jailbreak experience due to lack of support for Cydia Substrate on those devices.
If you are interested in the jailbreak and want to put uncover 3.0.1 through its paces then you can download the latest build right now from the GitHub repository.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad