With Apple having made the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max available for pre-order today, CEO Tim Cook has been speaking with Nikkei, explaining the large pricing delta its new 2018 iPhone lineup represents.
The iPhone XR can be had for $749 whereas the iPhone XS Max starts at an eye-watering $1,099, and Cook says that Apple is simply trying to “serve everyone” with its newly announced lineup.
Speaking about the range in pricing across the iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, Tim Cook said that the company was aware that there was a wide range in what customers are prepared to pay and that Apple is trying to offer something for everyone.
“We want to serve everyone,” Cook said in an interview with Nikkei. “We understand that there is a wide range of what customers are looking for and a wide range of prices that people will pay.”
At the top end of that is the iPhone XS Max, Apple’s most expensive iPhone yet, at least when you look at the entry-level storage options of all devices. Cook admitted to Nikkei that Apple is aware of a segment of its user base which is willing to pay for the latest innovations, with the iPhone XS Max being the result of that.
“We always thought … that if you provide a lot of innovation and a lot of value, there is a segment of people who are willing to pay for it,” Cook said. “For us, it’s a large enough group of people that we can make a reasonable business out of it.”
With the iPhone XR not yet available for pre-order, it’s clear that customers are happily ordering the iPhone XS Max handsets like crazy. Both the huge iPhone and the Apple Watch Series 4 have seen shipping dates slip into October today, with the iPhone XS experiencing similar delays depending on which capacity and carrier is chosen and which country you are in.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone XS / XS Max Power Bank: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- iPhone XS / XS Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone XS, XS Max Case? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone XS Max USB-C PD Fast Charger For Power Delivery: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone X / XS Max USB-C PD Car Charger For Fast Charging: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]