Some owners of iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 models have reported that their devices are beginning to lose their color, specifically on the aluminum chassis that can be seen around the outside of the devices.
One image, as reported by Svetapple.sk shows a red iPhone 12 which looks particularly bad with the red color having been replaced by a faded orange around the sleep/wake button.
It isn’t clear whether that is caused by a finger being used to press that button. The red iPhone in question has reportedly spent its life within an Apple clear case however, suggesting that isn’t likely to be an issue.
Some have suggested that the problem could be down to UV exposure caused by that case, with one MacRumors reader experiencing similar issues with an iPhone 11 that also spent time in a similar clear case.
There have been similar reports of fading from iPhone 11 and iPhone SE 2 users. MacRumors reader t101, for example, shared photos of an iPhone 11 with a dramatic loss of color on the edges. That iPhone model had also been in a transparent case. While many of the reports have focused on the Red iPhone models, the fading has been seen less frequently on iPhone 11 models in different colors.
This is the first time we’ve seen reports of this kind and it will be interesting to see what Apple makes of them, too. There are a few more users complaining about this issue on the Apple Support forum, and includes the iPhone SE and XR as well.
If you’ve experienced a similar issue and reached out to Apple, let us know how things went down. Hopefully Apple will do the right thing and swap affected devices out without too much hassle.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.