Almost a year after the arrival of the original PlayStation VR headset, Sony has announced that it will be releasing an updated, refreshed version of the virtual reality headgear.
While the changes are not huge, they will make enough of a difference that Sony has seen fit to make sure the packaging for the updated version differs from the original so buyers can easily differentiate between the two.
The update was announced via the PlayStation blog and will initially see the new version launched in Japan on October 14th for ¥44,980 (approximately $398) with a worldwide launch set to kick off at some undetermined date in the future.
According to the announcement post the updated headset, carrying model number CUH-ZVR2, will feature a new cable management system that will allow a more ergonomic stereo headset solution via a new port placed on the rear of the headset. A new updated processor unit with HDR pass-through will also be part of the package which will allow the viewing of HDR content on a TV without the need to disconnect the headset ahead of time. Anyone who has had to fiddle with cables to be able to play 4K HDR content on their fancy display will be pleased to read that point, we’re sure.
As you might expect, all content available for the existing PS VR will work just fine on the newly updated hardware, and pricing and bundle offers on the existing version will remain exactly as they are right now.
Sony’s PlayStation VR remains the most accessible way of getting a virtual reality gaming experience in the home, and this updated release will only cement its position in the market.
You may also like to check out:
- Recovery Mode On iPhone 8 / X: Here’s How To Enter It
- DFU Mode On iPhone 8 / X: Here’s How To Enter It
- Download iOS 11.0.1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.1 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]