Good news for those who like their browsers to be of the Edge variety, with Microsoft announcing a new beta version of Edge for both Windows and macOS users.
Previously this was only available as a preview but it’s now stable enough to have been rebadged as a beta. If it wasn’t, it would have been left in the preview channel instead.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should expect your new Edge beta version to be all plain sailing. Bugs and issues will be present, hence the beta label.
All that considered, Microsoft says that this is the best version of Edge yet in terms of web compatibility and performance. That’s good news for those who have experienced Edge’s ability to randomly draw web pages incorrectly. And it’s even better for web developers who can now rely on Edge to more closely adhere to the standards they’ve been working to thanks to other browsers. Again, it’s still a beta, but it’s a step in the right direction.
The build for macOS is said to closely resemble the Edge browser on Windows, but it’s also meant to be specially built with the Mac and its conventions in mind. That isn’t historically something that some developers have been particularly good at when making cross-platform apps, but it’s the thought that counts.
Microsoft’s new Edge beta can be picked up for free directly from Microsoft. We don’t yet know when it will be available as a finished product, however.
To grab the beta, head over to to beta channel here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Apple Releases iOS 13 Beta 8 And iPadOS 13 Beta 8 To Developers
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver [Video Tutorial]
- iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Unc0ver / Chimera Jailbreaks
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Unc0ver 3.5.0 IPA For iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, iPad Pro Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.