Apple will hold its “Time Flies” event on Wednesday, September 15 and we’re already expecting to see an Apple Watch announcement or two.
Now, leaker Jon Prosser says that we will see a new, budget Apple Watch that will be based on the Apple Watch Series 4 design.
The arrival of Apple Watch Series 6 is a given at this point, but Prosser says that we will also be treated to a lower-cost model. But it’ll be missing some features that we’ve become accustomed to.
The main one is the ECG feature. While Apple Watch Series 4 did have ECG capabilities, Prosser says that won’t be the case with this new model. That is likely because of the costs associated with the hardware needed for it to work. It’s still a shame to see Apple take that decision, though. Apple Watch and its ECG capabilities have saved plenty of lives in the last couple of years and it’s a shame people will miss out on that.
The new model will not feature an always-on display, another costly feature, although the Apple Watch Series 4 didn’t have that either. Sizes will be 40mm and 44mm, according to Prosser, with both GPS and cellular options available.
Apple’s “Time Flies” event isn’t expected to feature any iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro news, leaving Apple Watch and iPad as the big announcements. We now expect the new iPhones to be announced during a different event next month.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 14 GM Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect Its Availability
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14 Beta 8 Released
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.