The iPhone hacker and developer behind Sn0wbreeze has managed to jailbreak iOS 4.2 for iPad. This of course has been achieved using Geohot’s untethered bootrom level Limera1n exploit. The image below shows full root access using MobileTerminal on iOS 4.2 Beta 3 for iPad.
This upcoming version of Sn0wbreeze is based on Limera1n exploit and it will jailbreak the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1
- iPhone 3GS (new and old bootrom) on iOS 4.1
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 2G on iOS 3.x.x
- iPad on iOS 3.2.2 and iOS 4.2
- Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.1
- iPod touch 2G / 3G / 4G on iOS 4.1
For those of you who don’t know, Sn0wbreeze for Windows, like PwnageTool for Mac, can create custom firmware files without the upgraded baseband so that you can unlock your phone using the existing version of Ultrasn0w.
Stay tuned as we will of let you know whenever Sn0wbreeze for Windows is available for download. [via Twitter]
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 on iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool – Complete Guide
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 on Windows and Mac
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 Beta 2 with PwnageTool Bundle [Guide]
You can follow me on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking releases.