Apple will likely announce iOS 15 during its WWDC event this year which, if all goes as it normally does, will take place in June. Whatever new features iOS 15 offers up, one new report says that a ton of people won’t be able to use them.
According to an iPhoneSoft report, iOS 15 will drop support for the original iPhone SE as well as the popular iPhone 6s.
Citing a developer within Apple, the French website says that June will see the announcement we just mentioned.
Here is a first list of apple devices that will host iOS 15 beta next June, once again gleaned from our developer friend at Apple and who notably officiates on the Plans app.
The iPhone SE launched in March 2016 and the iPhone 6s in September 2015. The latter in particular proved super popular among buyers.
It isn’t just bad news for older iPhones, either. The same report suggests that the iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad 5 will also be dropped from support for iOS 15.
While this is bad news for owners of those particular devices, it might suggest it’s time to upgrade to something a little newer. Go ahead, treat yourself. You deserve it!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak