One of the features of the iOS Camera app that many people like to take advantage of is Live Photos, and whether you’re a fan yourself or not, there’s plenty of reason to admit that there are occasions where being able to take a photo with a little video before and after could be super useful.
Back with iOS 11, Apple also added a new feature that allowed users to capture Live Photos during a FaceTime call, too, but that appears to no longer be the case as of the current iOS 12 beta and it has been that way since the current beta run began. At this point, it’s probably a safe bet that it’s not coming back, too.
That’s obviously bad news for anyone who took advantage of the feature and is now left with nothing to use. Apple hasn’t made it clear why the feature has been removed or even said that it is gone at all.
That’s not unusual, but it does leave something of a void which people are always going to try and fill. We don’t know anything ourselves, but the only plausible explanation we can come up with, is that Apple wanted to remove the feature to create Live Photos from a FaceTime call because of iOS 12’s support for calls with up to 32 people taking part, presumably due to a technical limitation we are not aware of.
That makes at least some sense, and with Apple having subsequently pulled support for 32 people in a single FaceTime call from iOS 12, it could be an indication that things aren’t quite up to speed with that particular feature. Was the Live Photos in FaceTime feature a casualty of that?
Possibly, and at the moment it’s unlikely we’re going to get confirmation either way.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- Apple iPhone Xs Event Start Time On September 12 In Your Time Zone
- iOS 12 GM Download And Release Date
- Jailbreak iOS 12 Gets Another Hope After Yalu Developer Demos Hack
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 12 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 12 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]