Fix for Push Notification System on Unlocked iPhone 3.0
The Dev-Team is back! and this time they have posted a trial fix for the Push Notification System which wasn’t working on iPhone firmware 3.0 once you have unlocked (hacktivated) and jailbroken it on your device.
We have a trial fix for push notification on hacktivated iPhones http://bit.ly/FxBtZ. We’ll polish it up but need feedback.
The steps to fix your Push Notification System on unlocked iPhone 3.0 as instructed by the Dev-Team are as follows:
A. Get Legit Keychain Data: *You Must Perform These Steps On A Properly Activated Device (iPhone or iPod Touch) with at least one working push app*
1. Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the binary ‘nimble’ using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755
2. Make sure the file "keychain-2.db" is in /private/var/Keychains and run nimble. You will see 4 files being created: – youtube-cert.bin – youtube-key.bin – push-cert.bin – push-key.bin
3. Copy these 4 files into the corresponding folder on your hactivated device.
B. Testing Push: *You Must Perform These Steps On Your Hacktivated Device*
1. Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the following files using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755: – inject – nimble
2. Store in somewhere else the current "keychain-2.db" and run inject. A new keychain-2.db will be created
3. Uninstall the push app (i.e. Beejive or similar) you intend to test on from your hacktivated device and reboot
4. Test Youtube, reinstall the above push app and test.
I haven’t tried the above steps yet. Let me know if the above steps fix your Push Notification System on your iPhone with firmware 3.0. I will be back shortly with a more detailed tutorial on how to get it working. Stay tuned!
UPDATE 1: I have tested the fix and it works on both iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G. Follow the step by step guide here to get Push notifications from push capable apps on your unlocked iPhone running firmware 3.0.
Download Fix for Push Notification System for iPhone firmware 3.0