The subject of Apple and its insistence on taking a 30% cut from any app that offers in-app digital purchases is very much a story right now. Epic and Apple are butting heads over that right now, with Fortnite having been removed from the App Store because it tried to bypass Apple when handling payments.
Now Facebook is getting involved, with the social network reportedly trying to tell users that 30% of their money was going to Apple.
Facebook also says that when it tried to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic, Apple refused to waive its 30% cut of sales made on the social network. Then it tried to add what it called a “transparency notice” so customers knew that 30% was going to Apple. Apple wouldn’t allow it, according to a Reuters report.
Facebook earlier this month said it planned to roll out a new tool that would let online influencers and other businesses host paid online events as a way to offset revenue lost during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company said it had asked Apple to waive the 30% fee the iPhone maker charges for in-app purchases so Facebook could pass on all of the events revenue to business owners, but that Apple declined.
On the subject of preventing Facebook from telling customers about the 30% cut, Apple pointed to an App Store rule that prevents “irrelevant” information from being displayed.
Facebook said that Apple cited an App Store rule that bars developers from showing “irrelevant” information to users.
Apple is very much under the microscope right now with people and companies concerned that it’s using its size and cash pile as a way to prevent competition and take advantage of others. Stories like this won’t be helping its case.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update With COVID-19 Notifications Without Apps Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.