Finding an EV charger when you’re out on the road shouldn’t be difficult and the folk at ChargePoint seem to agree after launching an updated app that includes support for CarPlay.
With the updated app installed and iOS 14 or later running on the iPhone in question, the new CarPlay app makes it easier than ever to find a charging spot.
The app will even provide a map and turn-by-turn directions that take the driver to the charger they might desperately need.
According to The Verge, users will even be able to set favorites and specify the type of plug their car uses.
ChargePoint says available EV chargers can be displayed on a map where drivers can find recently used stations, favorites, or filter their options based on cost, availability, and plug type. They’ll also be able to see a charger’s status, and navigate to its location using the app. Once there, drivers can start a charging session, or join a waitlist if no chargers are currently available. They can do this all from the car’s interface, without having to flip between different apps and services.
⚡ We’re proud to announce a new integration with Apple CarPlay that brings essential EV charging data inside the vehicle so drivers can easily access charging information right from their vehicle’s infotainment system. https://t.co/ztzyZ2EpZ6 pic.twitter.com/Vh40BaRPsA
— ChargePoint (@ChargePointnet) November 17, 2020
The updated app is rolling out now and the new feature is good to go in the USA, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.