Microsoft has just released Windows Home Server 2011 to its MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Both TechNet Plus and MSDN subscribers can now evaluate Windows Home Server without any time limits what’s so ever.
The two Windows Home Server discs – the Server Install Disc, and the Client Restore Disc can be downloaded from the subscribers download section of both TechNet and MSDN as illustrated from the screenshot below.
What is Windows Home Server?
Windows Home Server was designed for households and home-based businesses that have more than one personal computer. Your life has gone digital – it is time to simplify your life so you can easily access your files, photos, videos and music from any PC or TV in your home, or even while away from home.
Why Windows Home Server 2011?
We all know how essential it is to have backups of your home and office computers. With this latest version of Windows Home Server, managing home computers has become easier than ever before. Now based on Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server 2011 brings:
- Extending media streaming outside the home or office
- Improvements in multi-PC backup and restore
- Simplified setup and user experience
- Significantly expanded development and customization tools for partners
- And much, much more!
You may also like to check out:
- Windows Home Server Vail CTP4 Leaks, Includes a Built-in App Store
- Windows Home Server "Vail" Beta (Public Preview) Released
You can follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.