Apple has today released watchOS 6.0.1 to the public. It’s the first update to watchOS 6 and comes just over a week after that update was made available.
Apple continues to push software updates out at a rate of knots as it tries to improve stability and squash bugs after a summer of troubled beta programs. While most of the attention is on iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, the watchOS 6 story is no more warm and fuzzy.
Today’s update isn’t a huge one, however. Bug fixes are the order of the day with fixes for some watch faces and complications at the top of the list. A bug that could cause display calibration data to go walkabout has also been killed off, according to the watchOS 6.0.1 release notes.
If you haven’t yet updated, you can download watchOS 6.0.1 for free direct from Apple. To get started open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap General followed by Software Update. Follow the prompts and so long as you have at least 50% of battery life and the watch is on charge you should be good to go.
Remember that you’ll need to keep your iPhone within range of the Apple Watch, too. These updates can take some time to complete, so keep that in mind when starting this update process off.
watchOS 6.0.1 optimizes performance, provides security updates, and contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
– Resolves an issue where the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face does not speak time
– Addresses an issue where the calendar complication may not display events
– Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
Apple has also released iOS 13.1.2 and iPadOS 13.1.2 to the public today, too. Again, both of those updates are aimed at fixing bugs rather than adding new features.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad