The recently released Saigon jailbreak for developers on compatible devices running iOS 10.2.1 has now been updated to make it a lot more accessible to non-developers.
Originally released last week, Saïgon was only initially able to be used by developers who had a Mac and Xcode to get it installed on the device. This latest improvement puts an IPA file in place, meaning that the jailbreak app can be easily sideloaded now onto a device.
We’ve seen instances in the past where a released jailbreak is all about the efforts of a singleton who has put together the necessary components to liberate a specific version of iOS from Apple’s walled garden. Saïgon will be best remembered as the inverse of that, with multiple people chipping in to get Saïgon where it needs to be to successfully jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 on as many devices as possible.
Saïgon, as a tool, consists of work put in place by Luca Todesco, Ian Beers, Adam Donenfeld, xerub, siguza, Tim Michaud and is put together and compiled by Abraham Masri. It’s for that reason that it truly can be classed as a team and community effort that has allowed iOS 10.2.1 device owners to be jailbroken.
One thing that is perhaps important to note here is that when the initial version of Saïgon was released, it purported to offer support for all 64-bit devices which were sitting on iOS 10.2.1. So while this update now means that Saïgon is available as a compiled IPA file which can be easily sideloaded using either Xcode or Cydia Impactor, it appears that device support has been limited now for one reason or another.
This IPA-based version appears to only confirm support for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, and the iPad Air 2 with WiFi. Some of which have been tested, and some of which haven’t, so this is a use at your own discretion.
The release and update of Saïgon shows that jailbreaking isn’t dead and that it still has a pulse beating underneath all of the negativity and skepticism.
For more information on it, check out the GitHub page here. Once you have the Saïgon IPA file with you, simply head over to our guide to get it sideloaded on your iOS device using Windows or Mac: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
You may also like to check out:
- Pokemon Go 1.49.2 IPA And 0.79.2 Hack Available To Download Now
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.49.2 For iOS, 0.79.2 APK For Android Rolling Out
- Kodi On Apple TV 4K: Here’s How To Sideload Install It [Guide]
- WhatsApp / WhatsPad++ iOS 11 IPA On iPad Download Without Jailbreak
- iOS 11.1 Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Download iOS 11.0.3 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Device
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.