In the world of home automation, or smart homes, there are a couple of low-hanging fruit that can be plucked as a great way of getting started. Things like smart bulbs are one example, and smart video doorbells are another. When it comes to the second category, the Ring Video Doorbell is the best in the business, and right now you can get one with $30 off.
The Ring Video Doorbell 2 is the follow-up release to what was surely the most popular video doorbell ever. This new version brings some key improvements, and normally it also brings an increase in price. Right now though, Amazon is offering one for just $169.99, down from the usual $200.
So what makes the Ring Video Doorbell so great? Kicking things off, we have the new 1080p HD camera, improving upon the 720p shooter that was part of the first release. The camera can also send users motion-activated alerts, so if someone walks up to your door but doesn’t press the button, you’ll still know about it. Users can customize the areas that are monitored and alerted for, and there’s a two-way conversation function so you can tell someone that you’re on the way. Perfect if you have a delivery driver who doesn’t like to hang around!
We’re big fans of the Ring Video Doorbell, and the Doorbell 2 improves on what was already a solid release. With interchangeable faceplates and a removeable battery pack, this thing is a great addition to any fledgling smart home. Today’s special price just sweetens the deal, somewhat.
Buy: Ring Video Doorbell 2 from Amazon: $169.99 | Original price $200
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links And OTA, tvOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, watchOS 5.1.2 Beta 2
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Development: All The Recent iOS 12 Progress In One Place
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.