Cloudflare made waves earlier this year by launching its 188.8.131.52 DNS service, allowing users to switch away from their ISP-owned DNS service or, perhaps even worse, Google’s.
The theory behind 184.108.40.206 is that Cloudflare will not only offer a blazingly fast DNS service for users, free of charge, but that it also will not collect any data on the traffic that passes through those servers. That’s not something Google can claim and because changing DNS settings on an iOS device isn’t easy, especially when using LTE, Cloudflare has launched a new iOS app that makes using 220.127.116.11 easier than ever.
Also available for Android, and while not quite as secure as using something like a VPN, changing DNS services can be a great way of staying safe online. The Cloudflare 18.104.22.168 app actually works similarly to the way a VPN app would on iOS.
When users wish to use Cloudflare 22.214.171.124 they simply launch the app and slide the switch to Connected, with the app taking care of the rest.
If you’ rather do things the old fashioned way, you can open Settings > Wi-Fi > and tap on the ‘i’ button next to your Wi-Fi network. Next, tap DNS: Configure DNS > Manual > Add Server > Type 126.96.36.199 before saving. There’s a secondary DNS server of 188.8.131.52 if you’d like to add that, too.
There’s currently no Mac app available but changing your DNS settings on Apple’s macOS is easy enough to do if you’d like to. Open System Preferences > Wi-Fi > Advanced > DNS > + > 184.108.40.206 and click OK. Finally, drag 220.127.116.11.
We’ve been using 18.104.22.168 for a while now and privacy aspect aside, it’s lightning fast. We’d suggest it’s worth making the switch for that alone.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone