Cloudflare made waves earlier this year by launching its 126.96.36.199 DNS service, allowing users to switch away from their ISP-owned DNS service or, perhaps even worse, Google’s.
The theory behind 188.8.131.52 is that Cloudflare will not only offer a blazingly fast DNS service for users, free of charge, but that it also will not collect any data on the traffic that passes through those servers. That’s not something Google can claim and because changing DNS settings on an iOS device isn’t easy, especially when using LTE, Cloudflare has launched a new iOS app that makes using 184.108.40.206 easier than ever.
Also available for Android, and while not quite as secure as using something like a VPN, changing DNS services can be a great way of staying safe online. The Cloudflare 220.127.116.11 app actually works similarly to the way a VPN app would on iOS.
When users wish to use Cloudflare 18.104.22.168 they simply launch the app and slide the switch to Connected, with the app taking care of the rest.
If you’ rather do things the old fashioned way, you can open Settings > Wi-Fi > and tap on the ‘i’ button next to your Wi-Fi network. Next, tap DNS: Configure DNS > Manual > Add Server > Type 22.214.171.124 before saving. There’s a secondary DNS server of 126.96.36.199 if you’d like to add that, too.
There’s currently no Mac app available but changing your DNS settings on Apple’s macOS is easy enough to do if you’d like to. Open System Preferences > Wi-Fi > Advanced > DNS > + > 188.8.131.52 and click OK. Finally, drag 184.108.40.206.
We’ve been using 220.127.116.11 for a while now and privacy aspect aside, it’s lightning fast. We’d suggest it’s worth making the switch for that alone.
(Download: 18.104.22.168: Faster Internet for iPhone and iPad from the App Store)
(Download: 22.214.171.124: Faster Internet for Android from Google Play)
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.