Yet another popular jailbreak tweak has been updated to offer support for iOS 12.4. With immediate effect, CarBridge – the popular app which lets any app run on a CarPlay instance – is available with iOS 12.4 support for those jailbroken on Apple’s latest firmware.
CarBridge is one of those tweaks which is relatively new to the world of jailbreaking in the grand context of things. That doesn’t mean that it’s now to Cydia with this jailbreak.
Not by a long stretch. But it does mean that it doesn’t have the pedigree or the maturity of some staple jailbreak installations which seem to be as old as jailbreaking itself and which have been ever-present with each and every jailbreak. With that said, CarBridge has proven itself very popular with jailbreakers and drivers alike as it looks to immediately remove some of the limitations with Apple CarPlay.
The package was last updated in March of this year to offer initial support for jailbroken iOS 12 devices. Now, with this release, that support has been extended and includes compatibility with the latest iOS 12.4 jailbreak. There is no specific mention of any additional functionality with this release, which leads most to believe that it is simply a compatibility release in order to better serve all of the excited individuals who are getting amongst the liberation of iOS 12.4.
The CarBridge experience still brings with it the ability to launch and use any app on an iOS device directly on a CarPlay instance in the vehicle. This applies to cars with CarPlay which have rolled off the forecourt with that functionality as well as those vehicles which have aftermarket retro-fitted CarPlay dashboards. Rather than being limited to the official CarPlay-enabled apps on a device, CarBridge allows all apps to be CarPlay apps, including popular video apps like Vimeo and YouTube, and you can even play games if you want, but we definitely don’t recommend that.
Keep in mind when attempting to use this that there are very good reasons why some apps shouldn’t be used within a car environment but it’s very good to know that the power is now back in the hands of the user to be able to make that decision.
CarBridge will cost $4.99 for new customers who can grab it from the following repo in Cydia: https://repo.chariz.io/
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12.4:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Unc0ver / Chimera Jailbreaks
- Download iOS 13 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13 Beta 8
- iOS 13 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How-To
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Unc0ver 3.5.0 IPA For iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, iPad Pro Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]