There we have it, folks, Apple’s September 12th event is over, and we now have answers to all of our Apple Watch Series 4 questions.
Once we knew that Apple would be increasing the size of the Apple Watch this time around the obvious question that many of us had on the tips of our tongue was whether that meant that we would not be able to use our existing Apple Watch bands with the new wearable.
Thankfully, Apple confirmed the contrary on-stage. That means that anyone who has a collection of Apple Watch bands ranging all the way back to the Apple Watch Series 0’s launch can continue to use them with the new Apple Watch Series 4.
The concern stemmed from the fact that all of Apple’s previous Apple Watch models shipped in 38mm and 42mm sizes, with that having been the case since the very first Apple Watch was released all the way through the Apple Watch Series 3. With the arrival of the Apple Watch Series 4 those sizes have increased 2mm, meaning 40mm and 44mm are the order of the day this time around.
Nobody really knew what that would mean to case sizes or whether the need for new Apple Watch bands would be upon us, but we now have confirmation that all existing Apple Watch bands will fit the Series 4 just fine.
While existing Apple Watch owners let out a collective sigh of relief, the question now is whether the 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 will be too large for some people. The Series 4 has reduced bezels than the previous models, lending it a smaller profile that may make up for the additional display size.
As always, Apple is suggesting that anyone on the fence about which size to buy should go to their local Apple Store to try both options on before making a purchase.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 GM Release Notes: Features And New Changes Detailed
- iOS 12 Release Date Of Final Version Announced
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iPhone Xs Max Vs Xr Vs Galaxy Note 9 [Size Comparison]
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]