You may have forgotten about the Clips app, but it seems that Apple hasn’t. The Cupertino company has now updated the app, adding new title and caption options, refreshed stickers, a new camcorder filter, and new posters amongst other changes.
The Apple Clips app has been around for a good long while now, and allows users to edit videos by combining video clips and images. Once complete, videos can be shared on social media, which is where Clips comes into its own. This is not an iMovie replacement, but rather an app that is designed for putting together cool and quirky short videos for use on a social media platform of your choice.
This update actually brings with it plenty of changes, according to the release notes. Chief amongst them is the new camcorder filter that makes everything look and feel like it was recorded in the 1980s. I lived through that the first time and can’t imagine why anyone would want to make crisp 4K footage look so bad, but to each their own!
The full list of changes reads:
- Use the new camcorder filter to give your videos a retro video camera look
- Choose from 8 new posters including options with solid backgrounds, colorful vintage designs, a classic blue camcorder recording screen, and an animated globe to celebrate Earth Day.
- Create titles and captions with 3 new Live Titles styles featuring static text that appears all at once or animated text that highlights each word as it’s spoken
- Apply new 8-bit and 3D-styled stickers to add emphasis to your videos
- Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to new or existing Clips projects
- Duplicate and rename projects
- Share projects with friends via AirDrop or email, save them to Files, or upload them to cloud storage service with share extensions
- ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
As always, this update to Clips is free and can be downloaded via the App Store.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad