Apple Fitness+ is going live today alongside the release of iOS 14.3, watchOS 7.2, iPadOS 14.3, and tvOS 14.3.
The new fitness subscription service gives users the chance to follow along with exercises across all kinds of categories including High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Strength, Yoga, Dance, Core, Cycling, Treadmill (for running and walking), Rowing, and Mindful Cooldown.
Available on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, Apple Fitness+ runs for $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year. It’s also part of Apple One, giving subscribers the best value across all of Apple’s services.
What makes Fitness+ so interesting is its integration with the Apple Watch, putting a user’s stats right on the screen so they can keep track of how well they are doing and how high their heart rate is.
Apple Fitness+ dynamically integrates personal metrics from Apple Watch to inspire users, animating them on the screen during key moments in the workout, providing an engaging and immersive experience to help users stay motivated. For example, when the trainer says to check heart rate, the heart rate metrics are spotlighted; during tough intervals, a countdown timer starts to help users get through to the last second; and when they close their Activity rings, a celebration happens right on the workout screen.
Apple Fitness+ also integrates with Apple Music, letting users create playlists based on the tracks that were used during their workouts.
Apple says that no specific equipment is required although having a treadmill and a few weights hanging around probably won’t hurt. There are 180 workouts across ten different categories at launch and that is likely to expand in due course, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.