As we edge closer to WWDC 2019 and what will surely be the first outing of macOS 10.15, we’re starting to learn more and more about what that will look like.
Now, the latest comes as 9to5Mac reports that Apple is working on a solution similar to the popular Luna Display which allows Mac uses to use their iPad as an external display.
Luna Display is the most popular third-party app and dongle that makes this possible right now, but the report says that Apple is working on bringing a similar feature to macOS 10.15, and that it will allow a user to send an app from their Mac to an external display whether that is a monitor or even an iPad.
The new feature is said to carry the code name ‘Sidecar’ within Apple, with the feature opened by hovering the mouse over the green maximize button that all Mac apps have. That will then present options for opening the window in full screen, tiled, or moving it to an external display.
This whole feature sounds essentially like AirPlay, but ultimately much more advanced. Support for the Apple Pencil will be included, allowing users to effectively draw on Mac apps as if they were using a Wacom tablet.
All o this is expected to debut during the macOS 10.15 announcement in June, with a launch for the public expected around October time. If previous development cadence is to be trusted, we can expect a developer beta to be made available following WWDC’s opening keynote, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With Beta 2 Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad