The waterproof capabilities, or lack thereof, is a huge thing in the tech world. It’s almost as if manufacturers simply expect consumers to dunk new products in water.
This video from CNET tackles the topic of waterproofing by pitting Apple AirPods versus Samsung’s Galaxy Buds and the Beats Powerbeats Pro.
The video is all about seeing whether or not the claims of being water-resistant are actually true and whether not these leading audio products manage to continue to function once they’ve been put through the water-logged wringer. In fact, where the video is concerned, all three products are actually put through various test cycles, with each cycle introducing more and more moisture and water to test whether or not the earphones still manage to connect to their respective smartphone and continue working even in the presence of water.
It’s worth noting that there is nothing scientific about this test. The crux of the test is about seeing whether or not each set of earphones is capable of withstanding the level of water and moisture that it is rated for at an official level but to also see if the hardware can perform above and beyond that rating. The good news is that all three of the products are still working at the very end of the test, albeit it with varying levels of success. But it seems to be the Apple-owned Beats Powerbeats Pro which manages to come out of the laundry cycle still functioning perfectly and still sounding great.
If you are thinking about moving away from your existing headphones and picking up either a pair of Apple AirPods, Samsung Galaxy Buds, or Beats Powerbeats Pro, then it’s definitely worth watching this video. We can’t imagine that many people are going to purposely stick their earphones in the washing machine on a regular basis but it’s always comforting to know that they may come out of it unscathed if they happen to go in accidentally or are dropped into a body of water.
Check out the video and see what you think? Do the results make you think differently about which product you may purchase for yourself?
(Source: CNET [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.