If serial and previously successful leaker Evan Blass is to be believed, then Google could be planning on officially introducing Android P this coming August 20th. Blass has taken to Twitter to offer his not-so-subtle prophecy on when the next major version of Android will drop.
Blass has given his scores of followers something to look forward to by tweeting a picture of the month of August displayed on a calendar simply displaying the letter “P” in the box for the 20th of the month.
Rather than coming up with something overly cryptic or giving his audience something to try and decipher, it seems that Blass has gone for the blunt approach to letting the world know that Google is planning something P-related later this month.
Given that we’ve had Android P in our hands in the form of developer previews for quite a while, we can only imagine that the date is being saved for an official release.
In all honesty, there is nothing else that Google can really do with Android P other than officially release it and the predicted date falls very much in line with Google’s own release schedule as well as the date on which Android Oreo was released last year. Interestingly, one of the few little nuggets of information which will become known on the release date is the actual name of the platform and what the “P” represents.
Although it’s likely that it will be released this month, exactly when it becomes available to specific device types and when individual carriers release it is another story altogether.
From a feature and functionality perspective, there are some decent changes and improvements to look forward to with the release and availability of Android P. Google will be introducing gesture-based navigation, an entirely new and redesigned multitasking interface, and even a powerful markup editing tool for screenshots and instant sharing. Of course, the platform will also be littered with smaller changes as well as dramatic under-the-hood improvements in order to try and make this the best version of Android yet.
If you’re an Android lover and are excited about this release then make sure that you mark August 20th in your calendar.
(Source: @evleaks [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Brandon Azad To Release Exploit For iOS 11.4 Which Is Fixed In New Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]