Amazon is currently offering a 43% discount on its popular Echo Input accessory. The hardware usually sells for around the $35 mark, and has been consistently at that price since its inception, but is listed right now for just $19.99, allowing you to bring intelligence to non-smart speakers for under $20.
A lot of people often front-up the cash to purchase brand new Alexa-enabled smart speakers, such as Amazon’s Echo or Echo Dot. That type of purchase immediately gets them audio in their chosen space as well as the ability to control that audio via voice commands and use it for other activities, such as controlling home automation hardware. For those that may already have excellent speakers in their property, the Echo Input expands its functionality by making it Alexa-enabled via a simple input.
Very simply put, if you connect the Echo Input to an existing “dumb” speaker, either via Bluetooth or 3.5mm input, then you immediately make that speaker Alexa-enabled and can interact with it via voice. The Input also comes with the same far-field recognition that the Echo hardware has, meaning that it can hear voice commands from across the room, even when music is playing. This basically makes every speaker with a minimum of a 3.5mm headphone jack a smart speaker, hence why it’s an extremely popular part of the Echo range.
By connecting the Echo Input to your speaker, you introduce the ability to stream music via services like Apple Music, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Spotify, and others. You introduce the ability to control compatible smart home hardware via voice. You introduce the ability to create alarms and timers and have that speaker alert you. And you also introduce the ability to continually expand what the device is capable of thanks to a continually growing library of Alexa Skills.
The Echo Input has a slim, low-profile design and would be a worthwhile addition to any home that has quality speakers already in it but who want to expand those speakers and bring them into the modern world. Grab as many of these as you want right now for just $19.99 per unit.
Buy: Echo Input from Amazon: $19.99 | Original price: $35
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Final Released For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 13.2 Final Release Notes, Changes, New Features: Everything You Need To Know
- Downgrade iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 To iOS 13.1.3, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2 Via Checkra1n Shown Off By Qwertyoruiopz
- iOS 13.2 Jailbreak Checkra1n Release Date Apparently Gets Teased
- iOS 13.2 / Catalina Apple Notes App Sync Not Working Via iCloud, Here Are The Details
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]