10 PlayStation 4 Tips And Tricks Every PS4 User Should Know [Video]
It’s probably fair to say that the majority of casual gamers, who own a gaming console like Microsoft’s Xbox One or Sony’s PlayStation 4, only really use the hardware in a very limited capacity. By that, we mean purchasing and downloading games, playing disc-based titles, and maybe some kind of social interaction with friends or connections online. Thanks to new video focusing on the PS4, we can check out some of the hottest tips and tricks that can be performed on the console to make your gaming experience an even better one.
The guys over at gameranx have put together a video which should definitely provide an education to those who simply aren’t getting the most out of their PlayStation 4. Check out the video for a full overview of the tips and tricks.
1. It may seem like common sense, but not everyone takes the opportunity to download the free PS3, PS4 and PS Vita monthly free titles that are accessible by signing into PSN using a registered account. If downloaded and stockpiled, the games are owned forever even after the promotion expires, which means even if you don’t own a PS Vita for example, owning all those free titles could prove useful if you end up purchasing one.
2. Not a lot of people seem to know, but if you tap the Share button on the PS4 DualShock 4 controller twice, it instantly begins the process of capturing video from within a gaming environment, negating the need to actually navigate to the Share menu within the PS4 settings. Additionally you can set up the SHARE Button Control Type for Easy Screenshots by heading into the SHARE settings of the PS4.
3. We’ve all landed into that awkward situation where a friend has to sit out playing alongside because there aren’t enough controllers. Luckily, if you have a PS Vita lying around, one of the many tricks it can perform is acting as a DUALSHOCK controller.
4. The PS4 supports voice commands and the feature is more commonly associated with the camera accessory. However, not many people know that even without the camera, you can give voice commands to your console using the PS4 Headset.
5. The official PlayStation app for iOS/Android may contain a few bugs that can be annoying, but it can certainly make a gamer’s life easier. The PlayStation 4 can be linked to the app, allowing games that may be discounted to be purchased remotely and then made available on the PS4 when you’re home and ready to play. The app can also be used as a remote-keyboard making typing messages to friends and connections a lot easier and less frustrating.
6. One of the most annoying things about console ownership is getting excited at playing a new title, only to then realize that the wireless controller has no charge in it, and the provided sync/charge cable is nowhere to be found. Well, it may seem fairly simple, but you can actually use a standard micro USB charger for most Android devices to charge the controller. It’s super simple, but not many people have actually realized this.
7. Brazil is pretty infamous for PS4 hacks, with a lot of retail stores in the country installing up to 10 games for $100 only.
8. Set up automatic updates to ensure that the game updates and featured content are downloaded by default. It saves so much time and frustration.
9. Did you know that you can setup your PS4 and TV to turn on simultaneously? When you turn on the DualShock 4 controller to bring the console out of standby, your TV can be configured to turn on automatically as well. All of this is possible if your HDTV supports a feature called HDMI Device Link. To achieve this, simply head over to your PS4’s settings and enable the feature.
10. Disc stuck inside and the power’s out? Well luckily there’s a manual way to release the disc, you just have to open a plastic lid and twist a screw.