It seems like the new iOS 11 drag and drop feature for iPad works on iPhone too, kind of. Here are the details on it.
It is clear just from looking at the list of things iOS 11 does that iOS 10 does not that this year’s big iPhone and iPad software release is targeted at giving the latter a leg up, allowing it to be more of a computer replacement than it was before.
That is obvious from the inclusion of new multitasking capabilities on the iPad such as the new drag and drop feature, allowing content to be moved between apps as it can on a Mac and in a way that is simply not possible on existing iOS installations. As it turns out, even though Apple didn’t make it clear during the announcement of iOS 11, drag and drop is also coming to the iPhone.
As developers begin to take part in sessions during WWDC proper, and others try iOS 11 out in its initial beta form, we are starting to find out more details regarding the release. One of those things is the fact that drag and drop is indeed something that will come to the iPhone as well as the iPad, although not quite in the same implementation. For example, while dragging between different apps just like on the iPad is currently possible as part of iOS 11 beta 1 on iPhones, it seems that is more of a bug than an implementation of the feature.
iOS 11 supports drag & drop on iPhone pic.twitter.com/DRte6fkPrg
— Dave Schukin (@schukin) June 6, 2017
Regardless of that, dragging and dropping will be part of iOS 11 on iPhones, but only within same apps, and that could be very useful in apps such as the new Files that has been added by Apple. Managing files and folders, including moving them around is something that dragging and dropping is suited to. Arranging images and text in documents would benefit from such a capability as well, so we can’t wait to see what Apple and developers make of the new feature as iOS 11 development gathers pace
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 Features Apple Copied From Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia
- iOS 11 Vs Android O 8.0: Features Not Available On Stock Google Mobile OS
- How To Get Best iOS 11 Features On iOS 10 Right Now
- 100+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- iOS 11 Beta Vs iOS 10 Visual Differences Comparison [Screenshots]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]