Every year we hear tales of woe that involve people having their accounts ‘hacked’. Normally though, there’s no hacking going on at all – it’s just people using horrifically poor passwords. And 2020 is absolutely no different, it seems.
A study carried out by NordPass shows is the top 200 worst passwords of the year 2020 and yes, it’s as bad as you would expect. The number one password? ‘123456’. We kid you not.
Here are the worst 200 passwords of 2020. The list details how many times a password has been exposed, used, and how much time it would take to crack it. We also compare the worst passwords of 2019 and 2020, highlighting how their positions have changed. The green arrows indicate a rise in the position while the red ones – a fall off. Check if your password is on the list and strengthen it if it is.
If you even need to check whether your password is on the list, you’re doing passwords wrong. You should be using a random password generator and a password app to keep track of them – which is obviously why NordPass is sharing these details.
Memorizing a number of random, complex passwords and having to manually type them every time is no picnic. Thankfully, you can make your life easier with a password manager such as NordPass, which is completely free. With NordPass, you can generate unique, strong passwords, securely store them in an encrypted vault, and use the autofill feature to log in to your online accounts on the go.
The thing is, NordPass is right and there are plenty of other alternatives if you’re keen to look elsewhere, too. 1Password is a very popular option, as is LastPass. But whichever password manager you use, make sure you’re using one!
With that out the way, be sure to check out this list – if only to see how badly people fail at passwords!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.