Apple’s move away from shipping iPhones with chargers in the box has helped bring a lot of attention to the creation of waste related to electronic devices that are no longer needed now. A new report shared by the UK Parliament’s Environmental Audit Committee has accused Apple of not doing enough.
The main gist of the argument seems to be that Apple “glues and solders parts together on their laptops” which in turn means that repairing those devices is more difficult than it otherwise might be.
That, in turn, means that people have to replace devices more frequently than they otherwise might.
According to The Guardian, Apple was surprised by the report, saying that it is “disappointed” with it.
We were surprised and disappointed with the Environmental Audit Committee’s report, which does not reflect any of Apple’s efforts to conserve resources and protect the planet we all share. There are more options for customers to trade in, recycle and get safe, quality repairs than ever before, and our latest Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone lineup all use recycled material across key components. We will continue to work with parliament and the government to document Apple’s industry-leading commitments and to support our common effort to leave a clean economy and a healthy planet for the next generation.
Apple’s move to ditch chargers was said to be a move to help the environment by reducing the number of chargers that end up being discarded because they aren’t needed. Some have suggested that’s nothing but a way for Apple to save money, although the truth is likely a little bit of both. Whatever the reasons, Apple does seem to be setting a precedent with Samsung now also said to be considering following suit.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.