The list of supported televisions amounts to all 2019 Samsung smart TVs as well as some of those that were released in 2018.
If you have one of the TVs outlined below, and live in one of the 100 countries it’s supported in, you now have the new TV app available to you. Samsung says that AirPlay 2 is available in 176 countries, too.
With the addition of the new TV app, Samsung TV owners will be able to access TV shows and movies via the growing iTunes library, much of which is available in 4K and HDR.
“For the last decade, Samsung has been at the forefront of offering the broadest selection of content available to consumers on our Smart TV platform,” said Won-Jin Lee, Executive Vice President, Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “As the first TV manufacturer to integrate the Apple TV app on a Smart TV platform, Samsung continues to offer our customers incredible value and access to the Apple TV app experience on the largest screens available today.”
Supported TVs include:
Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018 & 2019)
Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
Samsung The Frame Series (2018 & 2019)
Samsung The Serif Series (2019)
Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018 & 2019)
The addition of support for the TV app to Samsung TVs means that the app will also work with Samsung-specific features, including the much derided Bixby smart assistant.
While Samsung is the only TV maker to have the TV app available currently, AirPlay 2 is a feature that is coming to other TVs in the future including LG, Sony, and Vizio.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.3 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download: Final Version Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released [Update: HomePod OS 12.3 As Well]
- iOS 12.3 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]