If you remember all the way back to January’s CES then you might also remember that Philips Hue announced that it had a range of outdoor lights in the works and then a few months later it confirmed the fixtures and bulbs would arrive this July.
Squeaking in right at the end of July we have that promised release, and there’s a surprise in store – an as-yet unannounced Philips Hue White and Color Ambience LightStrip Outdoor.
We can only imagine that the box for it is huge if they need to print that product name onto it somewhere!
As you might expect, the outdoor version of the LightStrip is similar to the indoor one that has been on sale for some time now. Philips Hue says that the flexible diffuse light is best used in both direct and indirect lighting situations and is available in 2m and 5m lengths.
The sticky backing has been removed for the outdoor strip, but the pack does include clips and screws which allow it to be attached to walls or other surfaces outside of the home. The strip can also be laid on the ground and bent to shape, making it great for lighting a path or walkway, for example.
Just like the other new outdoor additions to the lineup the new outdoor LightStrip is “completely weatherproof” which is something you would expect for an accessory that is built to live outside. No matter where you put it you can make use of “16 million colors and all shades of white,” too.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that so far the outdoor LighStrip only seems to be available in the Netherlands, so it’s unclear whether an international launch is in the works. We can sure hope so, though!
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.