The 2018 iPhones will arrive in just over two months if history is any guide, and that means that we will finally get the answers to questions that we have been asking for what feels like a lifetime.
Rumors upon rumors upon analyst reports have just about settled on there being three new iPhones being launched in September, but according to a report by Taiwanese outlet Economic Daily News, there may still be a twist in store for next year’s release.
According to the report, the rear-facing camera on the 2019 iPhones will be capable of “more advanced” sensing than the current TrueDepth system that is in the iPhone X. This will apparently be made possible by a triple lens configuration that will enable stereoscopic imaging.
By using two of the sensors to capture a single image from two different angles simultaneously, the iPhones will be able to accurately work out the distance between the device itself and the object being photographed. It’s likely that the third lens would be used for 3x optical zoom, a feature that would be coming to the iPhone lineup for the first time. The iPhone X currently offers a 2x optical zoom.
This does tie in with a report from Bloomberg, which suggested that Apple was hoping to add 3D sensing capabilities to the iPhones that it will launch in 2019, although the technologies used to make this possible do differ across the two reports. Bloomberg suggested that lasers would be used to work out distances between the iPhone and its subject, although it’s possible this may still be used in conjunction with multiple lenses.
What we do know is that if this is lined up for a 2019 release, we can expect many more of these rumors over the coming year. We can’t wait to see what Apple has in store this September, let alone a year from now!
(Source: Economic Daily News [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 3 Download Of OTA, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Release Date Announced By Electra Team
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Status Update: What You Need To Know
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]