Developers and passionate testers alike will be fully aware that Apple has now released iOS 13 beta 3. On the face of it, that release seemed to go swimmingly and without issue, but certain people are noticing one stumbling block; it isn’t available for iPhone 7 hardware. The question is, why?
The lack of iPhone 7 support for iOS 13 beta 3 was definitely something that blindsided a lot of individuals. Especially third-party developers who are keen to ensure compatibility with their own apps which will ultimately offer support with Apple’s iPhone 7/7 Plus hardware when iOS 13 is released into the public domain.
Apple hasn’t gone out of its way to make any statement on why iOS 13 beta 3 doesn’t support iPhone 7 but the company has made it known in the “known issues” of the release notes:
iOS 13 beta 3 isn’t available for iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. (52363318)
So, there you have it. If you are a developer, or are someone who simply needs to test the latest firmware and couldn’t wait for iOS 13 public beta 2, and were wondering why the latest beta wasn’t showing up for iPhone 7/7 Plus, or couldn’t find an IPSW for that hardware range, now you know. It would have been nice if Apple had taken the opportunity to expand on the reasons behind the lack of support for iPhone 7 but it seems developers and testers aren’t going to get that level of courtesy.
It is worth noting that iPhone 7/7 Plus is definitely capable of installing and running iOS 13 and will be part of the compatible devices list when iOS 13 goes live later this year.
This is almost certainly a temporary issue which will be rectified with the release of iOS 13 beta 4 later this month. But, for now, iPhone 7/7 Plus owners will simply need to wait patiently for that release and console themselves with the knowledge that it’s only a matter of time until they can get back to testing iOS 13 and raising bugs and defects with Apple.
For everyone else, how is iOS 13 beta 3 treating you? It’s around about this time that the pre-release seeds should be showing dramatic improvements and showing signs of becoming a usable operating system. Is Apple on track and heading in the right direction?
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.