With Apple having officially released iOS 11.1.1 for all compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, and with iOS 11.2 currently in beta with developers and public testers, the progression of iOS is currently on track. But do these incremental upgrades pack any significant battery improvements? We try and find out if iOS 11.1.1 offers any such improvement.
As we have become used to by now, iAppleBytes has put together a new video which shows a number of Apple’s iOS devices running iOS 11.1 and iOS 11.1.1 to see exactly how the battery performs on each version of the firmware.
The experiment set up is something that we should be familiar with by now. Each device, which in this case consisted of iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 7, is loaded up with iOS 11.1 and iOS 11.1.1 and then ran through the Geekbench 4 battery test to see how long it can stay alive for.
The results of the test show that Apple’s iPhone 6s is actually the most performant device out of the four on both versions of iOS, clocking up a time of two hours and 56-minutes on iOS 11.1 and two hours 59-minutes on iOS 11.1.1. That means those iPhone 6s users can expect to get slightly more out of the battery when running iOS 11.1.1.
However, that’s where the improvements seem to end, unfortunately. All of the other three devices recorded a better time on iOS 11.1 than on iOS 11.1.1, with iPhone 5s losing 11 minutes, iPhone 6 losing 4 minutes, and iPhone 7 losing 9 minutes of operating time when running iOS 11.1.1.
The overwhelming results seems to suggest that Apple’s iOS 11.1.1 release is slightly more power-hungry that earlier versions of the platform, which suggests that the majority of users upgrading to iOS 11.1.1 can reasonably expect their device to need to be charged quicker than before.
As always, check out the video for yourself to see the devices being put through the new Geekbench 4 benchmarking tests.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 17.6 APK, IPA Download Of Krypton Final Version Released, Here’s What Is New
- Maverick TV Kodi Addon Not Working? Install It In 2017 The Right Way, Here’s How
- PPSSPP iOS 11 IPA Download Of PlayStation Emulator On iPhone [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download iOS 11.1.1 IPSW Links And OTA Featuring Bug Fixes For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]