Apple’s iPadOS 13 is a big release for the tablet and Apple knows it. Users know it, too, so there is understandably a lot of interest in the release and its public beta program.
You can get in on the action yourself, although it might be worth hanging on a couple of weeks first.
The first public beta is the same build as the second developer beta and as anyone using that will tell you, it’s less than optimal. Bugs are plentiful, but if you’re still interested in taking the release for a spin you can. And here’s how.
First make sure your iPad is compatible, which can be checked here. Next up back up the data on your iPad. If you have iCloud activated, then it’s already doing that for you. If not, consider plugging your iPad into a computer and letting iTunes work its magic before moving on.
Now you need to enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program.
- Visit the Apple Beta Software Program website at beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ and tap Sign up.
- Complete the form and sign in. You’ll also need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions, too.
- Select the iPadOS tab and scroll down to the Get Started section. Tap “enroll your iOS device.”
- Scroll down and tap the “Download profile” button. Tap allow to confirm.
- Open Settings and tap “Profile Downloaded” just below the Apple ID entry.
- Tap “Install” and enter your PIN if needed. Your device will restart.
Now all that is left is to install the iPadOS 13 beta.
- Open the Settings app and tap “General” followed by “Software Update.”
- Tap “Download and Install.”
- Finally, tap “Install Now”.
Your device will restart once more and the update will be complete. Remember, this is a beta for a reason and please do report bugs to Apple via the new Feedback Assistant.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]