Eve is getting ready to announce a new HomeKit-compatible Bluetooth range extender according to a report by Macerkopf. The outlet says that it was able to get early hands-on time with the device, which is called Eve Extend.
If the Eve name doesn’t ring a bell that might be because it used to be Elgato. The name change won’t impact the awesome products though, and this new Bluetooth extender is sure to be huge for those who use Bluetooth-enabled smart home kit.
Bluetooth is a common protocol for smart home accessories and hardware because it negates the need for any kind of smart hub. The downside is that Bluetooth range is normally limited, meaning those with large homes may be in trouble. This Bluetooth range extender is supposed to alleviate that problem, according to the report.
Eve Extend appears to have been built with the Eve Aqua irrigation controller in mind, allowing users to position it further from their home.
With Eve Aqua, Eve Systems has been offering a HomeKit irrigation controller since last summer […] Eve Aqua communicates via Bluetooth. Now, depending on the size of a garden, Eve Aqua may be placed so that it can not connect to the iPhone or HomeKit Hub (HomePod, iPad or AppleTV) when needed. Do not worry, the irrigation works without active iPhone connection, as the watering times are deposited directly on Eve Aqua. So the device works self-sufficient.
Back to Eve Extend. The Bluetooth extender can be set up classically via the Eve app. The device is assigned to a room. Eve Extend communicates via WiFi with your router and via Bluetooth with the Eve devices. Overall, you can connect an Eve Extend [to eight devices]. Of course you can connect not only Eve Aqua with Eve Extend, but basically all Bluetooth-connected Eve devices.
While Eve Aqua is already available, Eve Extend won’t be around until September. Pricing isn’t yet available, either.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.