Apple has stopped signing iOS 16.3, according to a new report. The move means that there is now only one version of iOS that is available for download by the public — iOS 16.3.1.
The iOS 16.3.1 update is available for download without the need for any special profiles and includes a number of important security fixes. We’d suggest that everyone install the iOS 16.3.1 update as soon as possible.
Apple regularly stops signing older versions of iOS when it has a newer, better version available for people to install and once it’s sure that it isn’t going to cause any issues.
In this case, the iOS 16.3.1 update has those important security fixes and ensuring that everyone has the update installed where possible means that there will be fewer devices that are left vulnerable as a result.
With iOS 16.3.1 now available to the world Apple is already working on the next release. The iOS 16.4 beta is now underway and includes support for new emojis, improved web app features that include push notifications, and more. It’ll be a few weeks before the iOS 16.4 release is ready for primetime, however.
Those who can’t wait for iOS 16.4 can of course join the Apple public beta program but be warned, these things are indeed beta updates and issues should be expected along the way.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.