Getting a hold of someone’s iCloud account can be big business for those unscrupulous enough to do such a thing.
That’s why there are more than a few different ploys employed by people who want to trick you into entering your Apple ID credentials into a fake website, usually by making you think that your account is at risk if you do not “authenticate” before it is deleted.
It’s an age-old method of stealing credentials for anything from bank accounts to ride sharing services, and iCloud is no different. One Reddit user has shared a screenshot of one particularly poor attempt, although it’s one that we have little doubt will catch plenty of people out.
With a subject line reading “For Your Protection Your Account AppleID Is Automatically Disabled” really should set the alarms sounding, but reading through the body of the email confirms that this is, indeed, far from legitimate.
Your Account AppleID is automatically disabled.
We detect unauthorized login Attempts to your Apple ID from other IP location.
The email goes on to show a fictitious login attempt followed by a request for the user to verify their identity by clicking a link. Unsurprisingly, this link goes to a non-Apple domain where unwitting users will enter their credentials. The email address sending the email is also far from legitimate: no-reply.asdahuihasdjksahdhauismnb@appIe.paradiseyouthclub.com
This strikes us as a very good time to remind everyone that no matter who it claims to be from, it is always worth casting a suspicious eye over emails of this ilk. If you do click through, be absolutely sure to confirm that the address in your web browser is attached to the domain you would expect it to be.
Remember, when it comes to the Internet, trust no-one! Except us, of course.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 17.7 Download: Will We See It, Or Is Kodi 18 Final The Next Release?
- How To Buy iPhone X On iOS 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes
- VPN On Apple TV 4K Or 4: Here’s How To Setup Without Jailbreak
- Install Kodi VPN Addon On Fire TV Stick Or Android 2018 For Free, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]