AT&T has taken the wraps off of the Smart Wi-Fi Extender, a device that is designed to enable a stronger Wi-Fi signal throughout homes in which a connection may prove troublesome without it. Designed for customers of its internet subscription, the one-box solution is intended to allow people to move throughout their homes without the concern of their internet connection failing due to poor Wi-Fi reception.
The box is specifically for customers who have Wi-Fi gateways 5268AC or BGW210, and can apparently boost coverage to up to 1,000 square feet while also reducing network congestion.
According to AT&T, its new box of tricks automatically chooses the “best and fastest available connection” for each specific device that connects to it, theoretically providing the very best connection each and every time one is established. Unfortunately, this comes at a cost, though, with each Smart Wi-Fi extender costing $34.99, although AT&T does claim that mesh systems with similar features in the market cost considerably more.
That’s why we are introducing the new AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender – a state-of-the-art device that gives you the strongest Wi-Fi signal throughout your entire home. Its mesh technology keeps your devices connected as you move around, so you experience a seamless connection everywhere. Now you can stream, download, surf, and work on your devices anywhere, worry free. No dropped connection as you step into the backyard. No more interruptions or watching the football freeze in mid-air.
Under the hood, the white and rather boring looking box features a 1600Mbps dual-band configuration with both 802.11ac and 802.11n taken care of. The whole thing can obviously connect to an existing AT&T setup and then be managed via the Smart Home Manager mobile app for those who like to get their hands dirty.
You may also like to check out:
- Installer 5 Beta Download Registrations Now Open, Sign Up Now
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Update: What Happens After Apple Makes Software Update With chaiOS Patch Public?
- Download Electra iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak IPA Beta Update With Bug Fix, More
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]