While there’s no shortage of mouse and trackpad apps available for our mobile devices, any app updated to take advantage of the gorgeous new Retina display of the iPad are certainly worth our attention.
RPA Technology done exactly that with its Mobile Mouse app – version 2.1 is now Retina display optimized, turning your iPad into an oversized multi-touch trackpad and remote control for your PC or Mac. Unlike the traditional household remote, it connects via Wi-Fi, meaning there are no line-of-sight constraints.
As well as the graphical update in version 2.1, a numeric keypad has been introduced to add to what is already a fairly expansive feature-set which includes:
– File Browser
– Programmable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
– Scroll pad
– Left and Right mouse buttons
– Multi-touch gestures (two finger scroll, two finger tap, swipe left/right with 4 fingers, swipe up/down with 4 fingers, pinch with 4 fingers, spread 4 fingers, three finger drag, three finger tap, double tap three fingers, double tap two fingers)
– Password protection
– High-resolution graphics for Retina display on the new iPad
– Available for iPhone, iPod, and Android
When you download the iPad version ($2.99), or the iPhone version ($1.99), all you need to do is obtain the free supplementary Mobile Mouse Server application for Mac, PC, or Linux.
I find apps such as this especially handy when connecting my laptop to an HDTV via HDMI in order to watch a film or TV show. Of course, I am a little behind the times, since most use Apple TV or similar to stream their media around the home, but having an app on my iPad means I can pause, play, or skip without needing to displace my wireless mouse from the desk.
Mobile Mouse for iPad is available to download via the iTunes App Store.
- Download Mobile Mouse For iPad [App Store Link]
- Download Mobile Mouse For iPhone, iPod touch [App Store Link]
You might also like to check out: