Tesla is reportedly getting ready to add a new feature that will allow owners to charge their electric vehicles using surplus solar energy.
The move will be suited to homes that generate more energy than they use, with that excess energy then made available automatically for car charging.
Current configurations are less than ideal, even if a Powerwall is installed. Those Powerwalls will be charged if excess energy is available, but once full the energy is then sent back to the grid. With this new system, that’ll all change, writes NotaTeslaApp.
However, if you have a Tesla, you’ll soon be able to automatically start charging your vehicle whenever excess energy is being generated. This is according to new text-based information found in the latest Tesla app, according to Twitter user Tesla App iOS. Tesla is calling this new feature “Drive on Sunshine,” which focuses on providing the cleanest charge possible for Tesla vehicles.
Tesla has reportedly already begun to update its apps to make use of the new feature, with drivers told to plug in at home during daytime hours to take advantage of the extra solar power surplus.
This is of course a similar feature to that which Apple added to iPhones recently. The feature allows users to have their iPhones only charge when clean energy is being generated for the grid.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.